Beranda Forum Lowongan pekerjaan www.packersauthorizedshops.com

Melihat 0 pertalian (thread) balasan
  • Penulis
    Tulisan-tulisan
      panxing18
      Peserta

Packers tried to claim former Lions DE Anthony Zettel on waivers The Green Bay Packers and general manager Brian Gutekunst are not finished trying to improve their 53-man roster. That much was made clear this week Authentic Josh Jackson Jersey , when the team added linebacker Korey Toomer and running back Darius Jackson to the 53.However, later on in the week, the Packers attempted to add another recently-released player to the roster. According to ESPN’s Field Yates, the Packers were one of four teams to submit a waiver claim for defensive end Anthony Zettel, who was recently released by the Detroit Lions. Unfortunately for the Packers, one of those other franchises who also submitted claims held a higher waiver priority: the Cleveland Browns, who have now added six players through waivers since last Saturday’s cut-down deadline.Zettel’s release from Detroit was a bit of a surprise, as the third-year player had started every game in 2017 and recorded 6.5 sacks. He was a sixth-round pick of Detroit’s in 2016 and was waived to make room for another defensive end, former New York Giant Romeo Okwara. The Detroit Free Press described Zettel as an “imperfect fit for first-year coach Matt Patricia’s defense,” and his build would suggest that he seems a bit of an odd fit for Mike Pettine’s defense as well. Zettel is listed at 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds, a little heavier than is typical for a 3-4 outside linebacker but lighter than the ideal for a 5-technique defensive end. He actually played defensive tackle in college at Penn State but ran an impressive 40-yard dash at the 2016 Combine, posting a time of 4.81 seconds. In four career games against the Packers Youth Jamaal Williams Jersey , Zettel recorded eight total tackles and one sack.The fact that the Packers were interested enough in Zettel to put in a claim suggests that Gutekunst will continue to scour the waiver wire and free agent market to improve the Packers’ roster on the margins. He said that the Packers’ 53-man roster will continue to be “fluid” throughout the season, and although the team did not actually acquire Zettel, the claim is a sign that he is sticking true to his word. An NFL statement intended to clarify to officials the emphasis on quarterback hits may have raised questions with Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews.NFL football operations chief Troy Vincent said Thursday that the powerful competition committee had clarified to game officials the techniques used in such hits. A lack of consistency on such calls also has been a source of contention throughout the league.Matthews has been called for a roughing-the-passer call in each of the Packers’ first three games. Two of the hits appeared to be normal tackles.”I don’t know if that statement really expresses how they’re going to call it moving forward,” Matthews said after practice on Thursday.”Furthermore after seeing the video, too, all hits on the quarterback that came from straight on, which is what they teach you since Pee Wee football with running backs, receivers or whatever is to approach them head-on if you can — those were all illegal hits, much like the two hits I had on (Vikings quarterback Kirk) Cousins and (Redskins quarterback Alex) Smith last week, which were conveniently left out of the video.”The NFL released a video online that showed flagged and legal hits, though it was not clear if Matthews was talking about the same video.”All of the acceptable hits which were legal came from off the edge or quarterbacks that were trying to fight out of a sack,” Matthews said. “If they continue to call it like that http://www.packersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-aaron-rodgers-jersey , I think there’s going to be more penalties, players are obviously going to be upset, coaches are going to continue to not know how to coach it and fans will continue to be upset by the fact that the NFL can’t seem to get out of its own way.”Matthews had a conversation with team president Mark Murphy, who is on the competition committee, after the committee’s latest meeting. Asked if Murphy had any advice, Matthews said “No, no . I think it was more so, just continue to play in the way I which I have.”I think they were just trying to get some clarity on how … besides the hits, I think there’s been a lot of inconsistency with how it’s been called with different crews out there,” Matthews said. “I think that was maybe to clear it up, for officiating, but I’m not sure how it was being called before.”Still Randall Cobb Jersey , Matthews said that a slight adjustment might need to be made that when going after a quarterback head-on, that he might have to “pick a side, maybe go after the ball. Those are going to be the tough ones.”The linebacker added: “Physics would say when you’re coming from straight-on, you can’t hit somebody with just your shoulder, wrap up with your arms. I mean, that’s the way you play football, and I think that’s what fans want to see. So I get it. As I continue to say, they’re trying to protect the quarterbacks.”Matthews said it’s also difficult to officiate intent though it’s something that the linebacker would like to see. He indicated he did not intend to put his full body weight on the quarterback on at least two of his hits.While Matthews has expressed frustration with the calls over the past few weeks, he did allow for moments of levity in front of his locker on Thursday.”There’s a big difference between falling on a guy and driving a guy on the ground, and I think that would allow the officiating to be much cleaner,” Matthews said. “But maybe they can make room and put one more guy on the competition committee. Me.”

Melihat 0 pertalian (thread) balasan
  • Anda harus log masuk untuk membalas topik ini.